Businesses are, for the most part, aware of the impact of social media and its ability to drive traffic to their site and increase conversion rates. And yet, many businesses are still not making full use of this online marketing platform?
While Facebook is shaking up their platform and creating polite panic in certain circles, it’s important to remember that Social Media is more than just the big blue F! With over 3 billion users across multiple platforms worldwide (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Reddit, I could go on), finding your place and keeping your feeds full of quality content can benefit your business in multiple ways!
Here’s our list of Top 10 Benefits you can enjoy by keeping your business social media profiles active:
- Build Brand Credibility – Your social media activity gives customers a better understanding of your business and how you function. Whether searching via search engines or social engines, having a client show up at a page that hasn’t been updated in over six months leaves them wondering how much time and effort you will put into them if they work with you. People want to work with reliable and consistent businesses, so regularly posting on your social media will showcase exactly how much you value yourself and lets them know instantly that you will do the same for them.
- Broaden Your Reach – Every business has an ideal audience. Depending on your service or product range, you will need to target different demographics to achieve your marketing goals. With nearly half the world’s population using social media daily, it is a natural location for you to reach and target your potential customers.
- Stay Top of Mind – With users logging in at least once a day, social media gives you the opportunity to connect with your followers regularly. By maintaining a strong social presence, your followers will be happy to see your content in their feeds, and even just scrolling past your brand name regularly can keep you top of mind when they are ready to consider a purchase.
- Increase Website Traffic & Organic Search Rankings – As we regularly say, the goal of social media is to get your clients off social media and onto your website, database, newsletter list, i.e. the channels that you have full ownership of. Regular social media posts that link directly back to your controlled channels is a great way to increase your visibility, enhance your SEO goals, showcase your products and services and gain new real-world connections.
- Generate More Leads – Social media offers an easy and low-commitment first step for expressing their interest in your business. Following on from increased website traffic this provides you with the opportunity to identify and generate qualified leads. A first step in the sales cycle, getting prospects to trust you as a source and in turn visit your website, is a key benefit of regular social media posting.
- Understand Your Market – Social media generates a huge amount of data about your customers in real time. You can use that information to make smarter business choices. Consider utilising interactions on your social media channels to better understand what your market wants from you. Review your analytics and reporting to discover what content gets the most reactions, likes or comments and click throughs. You can then utilise this great information to really drill down on what it is your customers want and give it to them!
- Engage Your Audience – Once you understand what your market wants, your social media channels give you the opportunity to directly engage with them in a two-way interaction, unlike traditional avenues which only offer a one-way conversation. Posting regularly gets them interested, then all you need to do is make sure you follow through with your end of the engagement and you will build trust and credibility with your potential clients.
- Give Good Customer Service – Social media is the new customer service hotline and people expect to be able to reach you via social media. Research published in the Harvard Business Review shows that brands who aren’t meeting these expectations damage their bottom line. It has been proven that customers who receive a response to their initiated engagement would be willing to spend more with a brand.
- Report and Analyse Your Results – It is always a challenge to prove return on your investment. However, with the help of social media tracking and analytics tools, you can see the full impact of your social media activities, from follows to engagements right through to purchases.
- Keep up with Your Competitors – You can be guaranteed that your competitors are already on social media and if you’re not there, then you are missing opportunities. On top of the obvious opportunities, you can also keep an eye on (and an edge over) your competition. You can see what they are doing, who they are talking to and identify ways to stand out and alter your regular posting to be more appealing to the people that count.
Social media can be time consuming, and at times frustrating – but it is increasingly becoming critical if you own a business. It is common place now for consumers turn to social media not only as a point of contact, but as their primary research tool and a lacklustre presence is a sure-fire way to turn off potential customers.
If you want to maintain a regular posting schedule, but find you don’t have the time or a massive budget, why not take a look at our $299 Social Media Presence Plan – we can take care of your posts, giving you time to take care of your people!