In fact, many agents say they are reaching more buyers, negotiating with them and closing deals online. For sellers, working with an agency that has a robust social media marketing strategy can mean more eyes on their homes, and moving them off the market faster.
It is becoming common practice when vetting agents that sellers are including in their criteria a substantial social media following. Developing a wide network of followers through inventive posts can provide agents with a pool of potential buyers that help them sign on more vendors and sell their properties faster.
With a strong enough presence on social media, buyers will come to you, rather than the other way around.
Consider the following Australian digital Real Estate marketing statistics:
- 99% of those looking for homes use the internet to research about properties.
- 86% of buyers say they would use video to learn about a property.
- The top 3 content marketing tactics are social media (83%), blogs (80%), and email newsletters (77%).
- More than a third of people now access social media more than five times per day (35%), which is up from 26% last year.
- 48% of consumers will take offline action if a brand is responsive on social media.
- Facebook remains the most popular, with 94% of social media users on the platform.
- Over 60% of Australians are on Facebook, with over 40% of these users between the ages of 25 – 64.
The biggest value of social media and email marketing for agents is that they help keep you top-of-mind with the right people. They also help to put you on the map in the most affordably efficient ways possible.
Furthermore, the benefits they provide are not just short term, but provide long term value as well through customer referrals and word of mouth marketing.
Consumer eyeballs are there with 79% of Australian adults using social media more than 5 times per day, up to 10 hours per week. Therefore, if your Real Estate business is on a mission to dominate your local market and increase your visibility, there is no better place to be.
Real Estate voyeurism will only continue to expand its channels across the web. Subsequently, the cost of not investing in social media marketing could be the difference between surviving and thriving in the coming years.
If you’re an agency looking to up your social game and dominate your local market, Sivacom specialises in supporting property marketers to explode their online presence. Get in touch with our experienced team to schedule a free, no obligation discussion about your social media marketing today.